Try Tapni today
Easily create and order new Digital Business Cards for current and new team members by synchronizing with your Azure, Google, or Slack Employee Directory in a matter of seconds.Try Our Products
How to Print a QR Code on Your iPhone or Android?
Since their humble beginnings in the 90s, QR codes have infiltrated our daily lives, from restaurant menus to product packaging and networking.
Furthermore, they have ushered in a new era of efficiency and connectivity.
Actually, the number of smartphone users using a QR code scanner increased by almost 20 million between 2020 and 2022.
Although the popularity of the QR code is on the rise, people are still uncertain how to leverage it to the max by printing it.
Read on to learn how to print a QR code on your iPhone or Android and unlock the versatile and dynamic possibilities QR codes bring.
Let’s dive in!
What Makes QR Codes Networking Powerhouses?
When thinking about QR codes, our first thought is probably speed and efficiency. And although that is definitely true, there is much more than meets the eye:
1. Error Reduction
QR codes have built-in error correction capabilities, meaning you can still successfully scan them even if the code is partially damaged or distorted.
This error correction feature makes QR codes more reliable compared to traditional barcodes.
QR codes can store various data types, from simple text to URLs, vCards, geolocation coordinates, and more.
Therefore, QR codes have a wide range of applications in touchless payments, access control, advertisements and marketing, networking, etc.
Implementing QR codes is often cost-effective compared to other technologies because
there’s no need for special equipment beyond a camera-equipped device to scan them.
4. Dynamic Content
QR codes can be dynamic, meaning you can update the content without changing the physical code or the need to reprint it.
Dynamic QR codes are useful for scenarios where you often need to update or revise the information, like in digital business cards.
Overall, speed, efficiency, and ease of use make QR codes powerful for networking and information sharing in various contexts. But how to print one?
Before you can print a QR code, you need to generate and save it first.
How to Generate and Save a QR Code With Third-Party Apps?
Although many smartphones come with built-in QR code scanners, you may want to try third-party apps for generating QR codes because:
- They often provide more advanced features and customization options,
- They are compatible with a broader range of devices,
- Some of them can work offline,
- They enable you to control what data to share when scanning a QR code.
- And much more.
Generating and Saving a QR Code With QR Code Toolkit
Tapni’s QR Code Toolkit allows you to create AI-generated QR codes that you can further customize.
The whole process is straightforward and quick, and it doesn’t take more than 3 steps:
- Choose the destination of your code: URL, email, or phone number.
- Choose the template, color, and style you like.
- Download your generated QR code as a PNG file or share it as a link.
Now that you’ve created and saved your QR code, it’s time to do some printing.
How to Print a QR Code on Your iPhone or Android Easily?
The printing process slightly differs on iPhones and Androids, so let’s check how to print a QR code on each.
How to Print a QR Code on Your Android in 6 Steps?
- Ensure your printer is cloud-ready or connected to the same network.
- Enable printing services on your device:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and select "Connected devices" or a similar option, depending on your device.
- Tap on "Connection preferences" or "Connection settings."
- Look for "Printing" or "Printing services" and tap on it.
- Turn on the printing services. Perhaps you’ll need to download any necessary plugins or services.
- Connect to a Printer:
- Go back to the main Settings screen.
- Select "Devices" or "Connected devices."
- Tap on "Printers" or a similar option.
- Your Android device will search for available printers on the network. Tap on your printer when it appears.
- Open the saved QR Code you wish to print:
- Tap on the three-dot menu or printer icon within the app where you stored your QR code.
- Select "Print" or "Print setup."
- Choose Printer and Adjust Settings:
- Select your printer from the list of available printers.
- Adjust print settings, such as the number of copies, page range, paper size, etc.
- Print the Document by tapping the "Print" button.
How to Print a QR Code on Your iPhone in 8 Steps?
- 1. Ensure your Printer is AirPrint-compatible.
- Connect Your iPhone to Wi-Fi - Ensure your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your AirPrint-compatible printer.
- Open the App where you store your QR code and select it.
Access Print Options by tapping the share icon (usually represented by a box with an upward arrow).
- Select Print and choose the Printer:
Look for the "Print" option in the sharing options and tap on it. Your iPhone will automatically detect AirPrint-compatible printers on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select your printer from the list.
- Adjust Print Settings
Depending on the app and printer, you may have options to adjust settings such as the number of copies, page range, or double-sided printing.
- Print by tapping the "Print" icon.
🎁Bonus: 11 Mistakes To Avoid Before Printing
When printing QR codes, it's crucial to avoid common mistakes that could impact the functionality and scannability of the code.
Printing a low-resolution QR code can result in loss of detail, making it difficult for scanners to recognize and interpret the code.
Thus, always use high-resolution images for printing.
2. Incorrect Size
Make sure that the QR code is of an appropriate size, depending on where you want to print it.
If it's too small, scanners may struggle to read it, and if it's too large, it might not fit on the intended medium.
3. Color Issues
You should maintain a high contrast between the QR code and its background.
Printing a QR code in low contrast or on a background with similar colors can lead to scanning issues and poorer visibility.
4. Printing on Reflective Surfaces
Printing QR codes on highly reflective surfaces or using glossy finishes can cause glare, making it challenging for scanners to read the code.
Therefore, choose matte finishes or non-reflective surfaces whenever possible.
5. Printing on Curved or Uneven Surfaces
Printing QR codes on curved or uneven surfaces may distort the code, affecting its readability.
That’s why you should go for flat and even surfaces for printing whenever possible.
6. Overcrowded Design
Avoid overcrowding the area around the QR code with too much text or graphics. A cluttered design can make it difficult for users to locate and scan the code.
In addition, if your QR code reflects the brand, it should be recognizable.
7. Distorted Proportions
Besides looking unattractive, stretching or compressing the code can make it unreadable.
8. Inadequate Empty Space
QR codes require a space around them to ensure proper scanning.
Thus, make sure there is enough space around the QR code, so avoid placing it too close to edges or other elements.
9. Outdated Information
If the QR code links to online content, ensure the information it leads to is up-to-date.
An outdated link or information will make you look unprofessional and tarnish not only the effectiveness of the QR code but also your brand.
10. Incorrect Encoding
Double-check that the QR code is encoded with the correct information.
For example, an incorrect URL or contact information can hamper your brand reputation.
11. Lack of Testing
Always, but really, always, test the printed QR code with various scanners to confirm that it functions as you want.
Only by testing can you identify any issues before widespread distribution.
Give a potential client a reason to scan your QR Code. Even a simple “Scan Me!” can go a long way and engage more users than no CTA at all.
And you can always make it more “spicy” by adding an incentive like bonus, discount, gifts, etc.
By avoiding these common mistakes, you can ensure that your printed QR codes are reliable, scannable, and effectively serve their intended purpose.
Regular testing and attention to detail are key to a successful QR code printing strategy.
Wrapping It Up
The ease of creating and printing QR codes, combined with their widespread adoption, positions them as a reliable tool for modern communication.
Furthermore, the convenience and efficiency of QR codes make them an indispensable asset in the digitally connected world.
And with the right tools, you can provide a more seamless and interactive experience for you and users alike.
One such tool that can upgrade your networking game but also come with all the bells and whistles that a robust digital solution has is Tapni.
How Can Tapni Modernize Your Business Relations?
✨ Generate customizable QR codes thanks to its QRCode Toolkit that offers more than a “mere” QR code creation.
Thus, it provides additional features such as:
- Built-in QR scanner - An integrated scanner that turns your device into a QR code reader.
- Creating Dynamic QR Codes - They eliminate the need to regenerate the code every time you change info.
- Analytics tools- Track scan frequencies, identify peak scan times, etc.
- Efficient Storage & Management - Allow you to categorize, access, and update your codes easily.
- 100% Scan Rate - Ensures that all QR Codes are verified to scan on Android and iOS devices.
✨Boost your brand with Tapni Standee - A custom table stand to enhance customer engagement by allowing your clients to, with just a simple tap or scan:
- Make quick and secure contactless payments
- Leave reviews
- Follow you on social media
- Sign up for your newsletter or an email list
- Learn more about you and your brand by visiting your website
- Get special offers, etc.
✨ Facilitate the QR code use with its QR widget that enables you to add your profile’s QR code to your home screen and share it without opening the app.
✨ Automate your lead generation through various CRM Integrations - Storing contact information within the Tapni Teams app helps you and your team easily sync the data with your CRM using Zapier integration.
✨ Get actionable and measurable analytics into event performance, ROI at events, number of scans, etc.
✨ and so much more.
Ready to benefit from the QR code’s quick and contactless information exchange power?
Download the Tapni app today and enhance connectivity and interactions.
Subscribe to Tapni
Sign up to our newsletter and we’ll keep you up to date with the latest arrivals.
Are Electronic Business Cards Worth It?
Unveiling the True Value of Electronic (Digital) Business Cards.
Read more ➜
Pros and Cons of Digital Business Cards: An Honest Look
Dive into the world of digital business cards with a balanced look at their pros and cons. Discover if they're the right choice for your networking needs.
Read more ➜